Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Dream by Miya Asobo



My Dream by Miya Asobo

Most of My dreams are irrational.  This seems like one of those irrational wishes.  My dream is to improve my singing skills and sing professionally and maybe form a singing group with my best friend samed Sajeda.  This dream may not come true, but if it does, I will forever mark this as an extreme blessing.

I first met Sajeda in Kindergarten.  We were not exactly friends at first, but we grew closer day by day.  I noticed how great she sang the Star Spangled Banner.  In the first grade, Sajeda was accepted into the Honors Choir.  Even though originally only students in fourth and fifth grade could sing in the Honors Choir. Later on, she and my mother taught me to National Anthem.  They both told me that I sang it beautifully.  In the second grade, I was accepted into the Honors Choir since it was too late in the year to join in the first grade.

Outside of school, we have been performing for talent shows, galas, ceremonies, and much more.  People have also reported that we sing in our sleep!  No matter what, we both enjoy singing.  We may not grow up to be as famous as Beyonce, or as great as Diana Ross, but at least we know that we will always have a special gift.

If my dream ever comes true, I would be one of the happiest people alive.  Happiness is one of the key ingredients to a successful life.  If my dream were to come true, I would use the prize wisely.  I would definitely share it with Sajeda, because she deserves something as well.

I am praying that I receive assistance from the Boys & Girls Club of West Orange to enable me to strive for becoming a great singer.  I also strive to excel in school so I can become a professional... that is a rational dream after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment